11.25.2003

Misc. Thoughts

My first thought, DAMN THE SEAHAWKS!!!!! Why must they tease me so??!! The whole game was great, even the first two quarters up to the last minute of the half. 3 to 3 up to then. Then Seattle breaks out and gets two touchdowns back to back on quick strikes. It was great! I loved it! So Seattle goes into half time with a 14 point lead. The second half was better too. Seattle continued to score. Scoring in the 2nd half of games was something Seattle didn't do enough of in their previous games. True they have had several comeback victories, but this one was the first I've seen in a long while where the Seahawks stayed ahead. Then, in the fourth quarter, Seattle's offense begins to putter to a stop. The R* began to find flaws in the Seahawks defense. Here's the kicker. With about a minute left in the 4th quarter, Seattle needed to convert on 4th and inches. They didn't. 4th and inches...man, how can you not do that. Seattle still led at this point by 3 points. I still held out hope as the R* had to march a good distance down the field to get into field goal kicking distance. Pentalties and some good defense plays by Seattle got the R* offense to a 4 and very long situation. R* had only one choice if they wanted to win the game. They had to go for it. It would seem unlikely that they would convert. They had to go over 20 yards for the first down. So the pass play unfolds. The ball is thrown down the field. Glee fills my eyes as I see a Seattle defender jump up and go for the ball. The ball falls into his hands. However, the horror sitting at the back of my mind came to the forefront with the force of a freight train as the ball then bounces out and into a R* receiver's waiting hands. And the R* convert on 4th down. It was unbelievable. All that damned Seattle defender had to do was beat the ball to the ground. No, he was more worried about his stupid interception stats. The flaming egos of these players always seem to come before that of the team. So, to make the long story even shorter, the R* tie and eventually win in overtime. I have never been as pissed with the Seahawks as I have been at the end of this game. Seattle falls a game back to St. Louis as they had an easy game against Arizona. Thus continues my love-hate relationship with the Seahawks next week where the Cleaveland B r o w n s come to Seattle for Seattle's second to last home game. It's a 1pm game on Sunday. Again, I'll be watching....love-hating them.

In other misc. thoughts, I noticed that I've been added CV's list of blogs on his site. So, I return the favor and he is added to mine. Thanks. :) And if you haven't yet, check out his Princess Bride website. It's pretty slick.

And in closing, I will be cooking turkey and all the goodies for Thanksgiving this year. May your bowels have mercy.

No comments: