11.29.2003

Boom Shakalaka

Powerful title eh? And totally unrelevent to anything.

Lately I have been thinking about what I would do if my career in game development decides to not take off immediately. I'll have the skills to be a regular code monkey. While not glamorous, it will pay the bills. Also I keep on hearing tales of people getting bored and/or sick and tired of doing game development. Game development is not like other jobs within the computer industry. Games are very risky and for start up companies cash will be dictated by mile stones achieved. If a goal is missed, then no money for the rent. You could draw parrells to the movie industry. But it's a lot harder to get a game in the can than a movie. Belived dat!

Something else I'm interested in is writing. Yes, the mute boy wants to write. Ironic that I can't write my lab report for Bio. I don't know how many times I started to do it and nothing gets down. Yeah, but anyway, writing is something I'd also had an interest in. At one time I even went to the Young Authors regional conference when I was in 6th grade. But it's a profession that I put up there being a big name movie actor. Not everyone can do it. I have lots of ideas, but ideas are a dime a dozen. One needs to follow through to completion and that's where I falter. However, if time permits, I want to invest some time to be better at writing.

But what do you want to write about, Keith? Well, mainly science fiction and fantasy. Is that so wrong? I don't think so. But you always want to write about what you know. So I should include some fiction based in reality as well. Anyway, it's a long way off. Something to ponder about.

So, untill next time...

No comments: