10.06.2004

From the "huh?" department

Most of us live in and around Richland. We're all pretty familiar with the building of Kadlec Medical Center for the last year or so. It's looks like it's almost done with it's new buildings and what not. But wait...I said almost done. That's right, peeps, Kadlec isn't done yet. According to this article from the Tri-City Herald, this fall they are going to start construction on a $59 million 6 story expansion which could be made into 10 stories. Anyway, this gave me pause. I scratched my head (the one on top of my body) and went "huh?".

I guess I'm not an insider. Maybe the political fallout I've seen from several sources has jaded my vision. Something is wrong with me as I really don't see the need for another building after their current expansion. Is there some population growth that's being predicted? I dunno. Maybe there's an actual need for it. Of course there's always that added jobs thing that comes along with a new six story building. New doctors, new nurses, new janitors, and (my favorite) new IT people to support those new floors. Of course, come 2010 there could be a new 4 year university here. I'd love to be on the ground floor of that project.

Anyway, I'm just wondering aloud this early morn.

No comments: