10.05.2004

Cheap Pop, on the rocks

I lump any kind of pop for which I can get 2 2-liter bottles for under $1.50. Last week it was Code Red(which I went through in two days). This week it's Fred Meyer brand cheap pop. Citrus Drop or something like that. It's suppose to be like Mountain Dew. I think it's closer to something else off the mountain.

So, the point being I've been drinking lots of pop that has originated from 2 liter bottles. I've gone through countless glasses drinking said pop. I've also been using ice. A lot of ice. I think I refill an ice tray once a day, sometimes more. It's kind of annoying specially when your faucet decides it will stop flowing water into the trays. Basicly, from our faucet, you can have a little trickle of water which takes a long time to fill up or you can have a blast of water which will soak everything within a 5 foot radius. Our sink is stupid. A hold over from the 50's when this place was built. Along with minimal power outlets. But I digress...

This ice is wonderful. If I am quick enough, I can hurry back to the fridge after I have drained the sweet, sweet, nectar to refill my cup before the ice gets a chance to melt. This can only mean less work for me. And really, it is. I don't need any theories or hypotheses to prove me wrong here. I also get the added benefit of me running (about 15 feet upstairs) to the fridge. I'm burning calories at the same time working less. Some might call that efficiency?

However, there is a downside to ice (as I take a sip from ice-filled cup). As ice sits over time, it will tend to freeze together with other chunks within the glass. This isn't as bad as it sounds. The bad thing happens is when you take a sip from the glass, the ice will suddenly change position within the glass only to have the sweet, sweet, nectar flow directly onto your face and down your shirt. Fortunately, I'm currently wearing a free shirt (I got from Cyan Worlds) that I mainly only wear when I mow the lawn. I didn't mow the lawn today. I should have as the weather is suppose to turn crappy...but I digress again.

So, yeah. Ice is fun. But ice can also be messy. Remember that.

No comments: