2.09.2004

Welcome to the RadCon, we got fun and games....

So, it looks like I'll be heading to RadCon this year. I'm hoping that there will be stuff to do this year. Maybe I'll be able to get into a game of Munchkin or something. I went to the very first one some 13 years ago and have been back maybe 3 or 4 times since. The first time was ok. I paid to much too get one of my minatures painted and it was the first time I played Axis and Allies. I actually talked to people there too. This was amazing in itself. I don't think anybody who reads this knew me 13 years ago, when I was just 15. hmmm I might have been 16 cause I remember driving there to it. Anyway, I did talk to a few guys who lived in Oregon or someplace like that. It was fun. It was one of the events that spead me along to my current geek status. The first major event was Star Wars when I was just 2 1/2 years old. But that's another story for another time when I've had more to drink than I should.

Back to RadCon. I discovered today that the "Hair God", Bruce himself, will be on hand at RadCon as part of the staff at the Red Lion. Some sort of supervisory role. I feel sorry for him. I really do. Though he told me that they will get a good laugh come next Monday when they will watch the tapes of people in the halls. So, now I may have to be my ol, self-contained person again, knowing that Bruce might be watching me at any given second while I'm there.

There is also this other quandry that I find myself in. See, every year, RadCon happens on President's Day weekend which is pretty much in the middle of February. Though there's this other "consumer-day" on the 14th, which this year is on the Saturday of President's Day weekend. So, now you know my quandry. I'll get through it. I'll probably will be beaten several times between now and next Monday. But I'll live. Though if I haven't posted anything by Tuesday, call the cops!

So, hopefully until next time.

No comments: