2.16.2004

Report from Radcon

My RadCon activities, a report by Keith.

The highlights of the Con pretty much only included playing Munchkin. I played a couple of complete games and learned to be dirty. I may be a big target the next time I play with them. *EG* The first day/night, Beth and myself just wandered around and played Munchkin. I bought my own copy of Munchkin which we played the next day. We went to the opening ceremony which included belly dancers and a one act play. The play was pretty good. It was basically Romeo and Juliet on Jerry Springer. The belly dancers were good too. Not something you'll find on Star Search any time soon though. I do remember this one fellow that was sitting right next to us, one of the guests of honor, say that they sucked. I guess being a guest allows you to be an asshole. Later that night, we got with Beth's friend Mike and his friends. So, we wandered around till the wee hours doing the party scene. I had a few drinks, two I think. We wandered some more but didn't find anything else going on. We both eventually went home.

The next day began with me getting there a little after 10am and I started off at the armor demo. I saw two people hit each other with swords. It was humorous at times as the little one was always wacking the other guy in the head. I left and came back a little later. There was suppose to be a scaled down robot wars going on, but no one registered so it didn't happen. I was sad. But went back to happy because I played Munchkin right after that. I finally ran into Mike, Beth, and Cameron. Cameron didn't see all that interested, so him and Mike went home while Beth and myself played more Munchkin. Jeremey showed up a little later and I showed my true nature at Munchkin. *eg* Some other notable mentions of the afternoon included a little demo on Green Screen (was boring, from my POV) and some more Munchkin.

The night brought on the parties. The first drink I had was a Romulan blood ale at quark's bar (USS Rubicon little party room). It is easily the most powerful drink I have had. I normally take at least 5 or 6 Bacardi Silvers/Raz/O^3 to get me going. I was going new the middle of this drink and, as Mike has said about the same drink, I was on my way. Other highlights of the evening was a Fetish Fashion show (not really fetish, but the person at the beginning said we all have our own definition), standing in line for a Slave auction, standing in line for the Waste (a powerful drink, so I assume) which we didn't get because they ran out.....the bitches, and going to the Mardi Gras room. I got some more drinks at the Mardi Gras room. One guy bought me one. I found out later he bought a lot of people drinks. I should have hung around with him lol

Now, I was with Mike for a some parts of his bead giving away and I myself got some beads, but I bought mine with intentions to give them away. I still have them. I tried to offering them to many. None accepted. Now, I kind of feel bad that I actually went through that. While, I didn't give away any of my own beads, I was around when others were giving them away. I guess freebies if you'd like to call them.

My evening ended with leaving everybody at their room, getting ready for bed or already sleeping. By that time, I was feeling more tired than anything else so I went and got a slice of pizza and drank some more water. I left just a little before 2am.

So, that was my first real full weekend at RadCon. Some of the things I would like to see different is an area set aside for free gaming. As it was, I had to quit two games because the tables we were using were being used for an official thing. So, that sucked. Also, their damn website was never updated. All the good cons have schedules and whatnot on their sites long before the actual con. Maybe next year, the chairman of the con will be better....That shall be determined though.

So, two posts in one day. That's a lot of crap. So, until next time.

No comments: