2.13.2004

Outsourcing

Just a little blurb. As some of you know, I am against the outsourcing of all American based jobs to oversea countries. I have no problems with the countries that they are being outsourced to. That's not the issue here. It's the issue of the American businesses wanting to exploit cheap labor in those countries at the expense of local employable people here in the States. It's all about the profit for them. They say it's good for the economy. And really, it makes sense. For the time being. But in the long run, it will hurt us.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the issue has finally become political with some report that was recently released where the top economic advisor to Mr. Bush, Junior I'll call from here on out for the rest of my time here, said "offshoring" was good for the economy. I've only seen this report today on the morning news programs, I think even on CNN. I can't remember. There's soo many "news" channels now. Anyway, I don't have a link to anything concrete about it. But I saw it on TV so it must be true. heh On those same programs, they are saying that both Junior and the advisor are backing down from that statement. Which is laughable. guffaw even. Though I can't a link regarding that exact story, I did find this story about a software tester who was told to train her Indian replacement or don't get a severance package. OMFG That so burned me up! The company is Watchmark-Comnitel. Don't ever work for them. They are evil. And really fucking stupid. "Here, we're gonna fire you but before you go, train your replacement or you don't get this not-even-good-enough severance package. Buh-bye!"

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

This trend needs to stop now or some dire consequences might arise. Some might include: After years of involvement in offshoring, American businesses finally pull their head out of their ass and start killing contracts to their outsource country. The outsource country's government gets up in arms, figuratively at first, about how the US business is killing their prosperity or some shit like that. They get angry at Americans (what's new). Extremists take up arms, literally, and start blowing stuff up. Disclaimer: This is a very extreme case, but being the type of guy I am, it's a reality that must be looked at. Please take this with a grain of salt.

Ok, this is really my last post before RadCon...really. I swear to the Munchkin gods. BTW, (see previous post on BTW) Munchkin is a card game and that is where my reference is from. And I hope that someone will be playing it at RadCon. Please...puhhhleeeaaazzzze.

No comments: