1.14.2005

"Apply theory sticker here" -->

Couple of things tonight. Some of you might have heard that backwoodsy area Cobb County in Georgia (you know, that part that lost some war 150 years ago)has been ordered to remove those silly theory stickers from their bio text books that discuss evolution. It's about time they did that. I'm getting real tired of the creationist people trying to still push their crap on the world. I'm still looking at it today. I mean, come on guys! Come out from the 15th century to the 21st. *sigh*

Second, there's a huge discussion over at Slashdot about this same topic. Those boys and girls who read Slashdot really have some good brains on their shoulders. I applaud all the non-trolls there. *clap*

2 comments:

Katrina Gutleben said...

Wait, last time I checked evolution WAS a theory. Or did they perfect time machines and go back and prove it, and just not tell me?

I don't know. I get as annoyed at "creationist people trying to still push their crap on the world" as the next thinking human, but I didn't really get that from these stickers. Clearly that was the intent but the wording didn't say "Evolution is a big lie proliferated by Satan himself, if you pray to God he will tell you so." Not even close.

I think they should be allowed to stay, Hell, I think they should just skip the stickers and include it in the goddamn text of the book.

Evolution IS a theory, Creation IS a theory, can't we all just get along?

Katie - Firm believer in the continuing evolution of all life on earth.

Keith said...

Well, they are trying to make "Theory" to sound like a hypothesis which is an unproven statement with no evidence behind it. A scientific theory is a hypothesis with lots of evidence behind it. And really, Creationists "theory" is more hypothesis based on a book written by some people who really wanted to explain why thing are the way they are. Oh, wait...that's my own hypothesis. Eh, I'll just call it a theory just because I can.