1.15.2005

Acknowledgment, step one

I have a problem. The first indication that I had a problem was when I was denying it. I do this thing all the time. But no, it was a problem. It was at first hobby, a mere distraction to keep my mind off of the blahs of the modern day. But then, my hobby turned into an obsession. I needed it. I can't live without it. It's all I think about. When I sleep, I dream about it. When I'm awake, I dream about it. Yes, I have an addiction. I have an addiction to playing Halo 2 on XBox Live.

Last night, I played until 7am. I played, played, and played some more. I sucked at each game. There was the occasional 3rd or 2nd place win, but it was mostly 7th and 8th out of 8 players. My hands were cold. Everything thing was cold. But I played. I played until I thought I could win. I lost one game and thought I could do better the next game. But it never happened. I would start out well and end at the end. Or I would start out bad and end last. It didn't matter. I probably would have played until my eyes bled.

So, now that I acknowleged my problem, I will address it accordingly, by playing Halo 2 through the night, each night, until I am rank 13.

3 comments:

Mir said...

Heh I'm the same way with World of Warcraft

Keith said...

I've been hearing a lot about WoW. I would like to play that someday...when I have a job. heh

Keith said...

Update: I'm rank 13! *Flitters around like a butterfly*