9.24.2004

The Job Hunt

Today I dropped off one of the few applications I had to fill out by hand. This was for an IT position at La Clinica. This is promising on a couple of levels. First the job only requires 0-3 years of exp (that's me) and an associates degree (that's me again on top of a 4 year degree). When I got up to the desk by the HR department, I had asked to see where HR was. The receptionist asked if I was asking about the IT position. I evidently looked the part of uber geek though I didn't have any tech on me other than my watch. I was dressed casually. Then the HR person came out. She was at the Worksource Job Fair and she remembered me. Unfortuantely, I didn't remember her. Hopefully I played it smooth enough (LOL). Anyway, she was just about to send all the apps to the hiring manager. Hopefully I'll be able to hear back from them. Pluueaze.

No comments: