9.18.2004

He'll be back

I'm glad I don't live in California. I don't have to contend with earthquakes, traffic, and now governers who like big businesses, like Wal-Mart, to destroy local economies. Arnold just vetoed a bill that would at least deter super stores like Wal-Mart popping up all over the place. He said that he didn't want to stop businesses from expanding. Well, Arnold, big businesses don't need to expand any more. It's the little guys that need the help. Wal-Mart will just run the little guys out of town. Three cheers for minimum wage, part-time jobs at Wal-Mart! Yay! Yay! Yay!

In other news, the number of people not having insurance have increased yet again. Could there a connection here between not having insurance and Wal-Mart? Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Melonary said...

I hate Walmart. The Walmart at Queensgate is so ugly. I can't believe the city o' Richland allowed them to build it without some tree buffer or something! It could look OK if they painted a mural on the side that faces the freeway (and my house).

I took the girls there recently because we'd not been able to find something they wanted at our usual stores. I compared prices with some things I'd seen elsewhere and the Walmart prices were not any lower! They didn't have what we wanted anyway. Then we went to Target and found it for a reasonable price. Now I am reinforced in my choice to NOT shop at Walmart.