7.16.2005

Friday was too good

Eh, so work on Friday was ok as work goes. Nothing really going on that would cause unneeded stress. On my way to work, I saw a cop had pulled over a motorcyclist! That marked a good day! I finished up with getting some much needed items for Dawn's computer.

However, that good stuff didn't last to the late afternoon of today. I installed the rest of Dawn's hardware and finally put on XP. I'm telling ya, it's a hassle! I'm buying a whole computer next time! :P So, the pieces left over from my computer and Dawn's was going into Dave's. But alas, that was not meant to be.

My intention was to use my old MoBo which included a somewhat faster processor than what he had already. It already included 512MB of RAM so he'd be set. Unfortunately, it locked one too many times when I was trying to install Win98 on it. I had other problems as well which leads me to believe that the mobo is shot. That's pretty crappy. I could go buy the same stuff I stuck into Dawn's machine but with a lower end processor as he really doesn't need it.

Anyway, this has been two weekends in a row messing with computers. Time for a rest. I need to do something else. I need to design a game. *sigh*

1 comment:

Melonary said...

Hm, I didn't think of the motherboard. I have been unsuccessful at reloading WIN 98 on an older computer. Registry errors and keeps having to shut down programs due to errors. I thought it was the hard drive. Of course, it could be the hard drive. I loaded my copy of WINXP, knowing that I couldn't keep it on there, but just to see if it would load and work. It loads, but with nothing else loaded on, says that more than 5G of the hard drive is used. Soemthing is wrong, for sure.

Meanwhile, Lisa is using my old emachine with a 3G hard drive and keeps filling it up. Gotta do something about that.