2.26.2006

A time for Remembrance

Actually it's more like a time for new memory...RAM to be precise. Stupid computer locked twice tonight. Both times watching Fullmetal Alchemist on youtube.com I'm pretty sure it's my RAM. It could be a heat issue as well. While looking at RAM tonight, I discovered that some RAM comes with heat spreaders. I have never seen these before and I'm sure mine do not have them. Generally my machine will lock up randomly, even when I'm not using it. Most of the time, it's when I'm listening to music or watching videos of stuff. Considering that my machine is fine after a reboot, heat probably isn't the issue. I had issue with Win98 dieing all the time and the same with WinXP. I've had the same pieces of RAM for several years. I've gotten a new hard drive as well so that probably isn't it either. The Mobo might be at issue as well. Though again, my machine is hunky dory after a reboot. I'm really leaning towards the RAM.

So, I'm looking at buying some RAM. I'll probably bump it up to around 1GB this time around. Try to pump out a little more performance before I take it out to pasture.

In other news, I had an interview with a web app company in downtown Seattle on the 25th floor of this tall building. It had at least 30 floors. The elevator was super quick! Going down, if it had gone any faster, it probably would have felt like you were weightless. Anyway, the position sounds good as there's room for lots of growth which would be really nice. ^_^

In other-other news, Radcon was fun. Boring during the day though. I didn't even play Munchkin at all. *cries* I also got slightly sick. Sore throat for the last couple of days. I'm waiting for it to go into my nose.

Well, everybody Wang Chung tonight!

No comments: