3.23.2005

My last Tri-Cities post?

Could it be? YES! It is!! This will be my last post from here in the Tri-Cities. Fitting it will be about the Tri-Cities.

If you mosey on over the to the Tri-City Herald, you'll find an article about the recently proposed expansion to WSU Tri-Cites. So, it would appear that WSU TC will get passed over to get expanded into a full 4 year university. WSU Vancouver and some other school will get it. I guess there was very low support from our local politicians. Sen. Jerome Delvin(Rep.), who's I have hated every since co-sponsoring a bill to prevent the sale of video games, was one of our key supporters. He just happened to miss that one meeting regarding who gets the 4 year expansion. Hmmmm, Jerome, you're really looking out for us here, huh. And now my favorite quote:

I don't know how we missed it. - Sen. Jerome Delvin

I'm at a loss for words here. So what that Hanford will be gone in the future. We don't need any more industry here! Screw that!! *sigh* Well, it's not like I care really. I'm leaving!! hahahhah My vote to dump the ass won't ever be canceled out again!

But seriously, it's kind of sad that people like Jerome are still in Office. Makes ya wonder who he's really looking out for.

Anyway, this will be indeed my last post from the good ol Tri-Cities. Tomorrow, after I get an important e-mail, I will be tearing all the computers down to get them ready to be loaded onto the truck. We probably won't have internet for a couple of weeks, if we get it at all.

I've lived here for about 24 years. I've basically grown up with the tumbleweeds, blowing dust, hot summers, and no traffic. I'm moving to a land of rain, trees, more things to do than you can shake a stick at, heavy traffic, and a land of jobs. I've been told that the Tri-Cities will find a way to drag me back. Of course we have family and good friends here. Always a good reason to come back...to visit. :D

So, with that said, I will probably miss the ol dust bowl. Maybe I'll bring up a bag of Tri-City dust to sprinkle around when I get lonely. Or maybe not. If we have room on the truck.

Well, parting is sweet sorrow. I'll/we'll miss everybody here. Don't be a stranger! Comments fill my heart with joy!! heh So, Good-bye, Tri-Cities. *exit stage right, curtain falls*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you took that bag of tri-city dust, throw it out! It could be radioactive! ~(:

Keith said...

too late!!!! muuhahahahahahhahahaaaa Take that Western Washington!!

Anonymous said...

^_^ OY! It's none other then your ultra annoying neice, Rebecca!!! I think that you've lost it...your last Tri-Cities post? Duuude, that's sccccaaarrrryyyy....WE MISS YOU, KEITH!!!!! ^_^; Yeah...

I LIKE WESTERN WASHINGTON!!!!!!

ABQ Mom said...

I grew up in kennewick. 78-97. Then I went to college, got married and moved away. I do miss some things, but I'm glad I don't live there now. Being is Western Washington but being an "easterner" always stirs up problems. Beware. Luckily I'm in the Soutwest (U.S.) so pretty far from it.