12.09.2003

One week

Hopefully it will go by as fast as the tempo in the song from BNL.

Presented my DB today. I suck sooo much ass. I totally didn't work on it long enough and it showed. It's a piece of crap. I only have myself to blame. On the bright side, I only have 2 tests now on Thursday. Groovy. Our DB instructor didn't finish the material and she said that our class was great and our test average was good enough. So she threw out the last test. That's good cause that would have been the least studied test.

I want to say thanks to all my peeps about my last post. Word of mouth has gotten back to me to the quality of it. Expect some other top notch posts in the future.

Battlestar Galatica was on last night and continues tonight. As for most of Sci-Fi Channel, I was expecting it to suck. Cheesy. Just pure crap. However, at each commercial break, I was hearing myself say "It hasn't sucked so far." I'm actually pretty happy with the first part. And nuts to all you who think it has changed too much from the original. I think the changes were warranted. Change is good if you want to remake a show. Look at the remake of Psycho. I heard it sucked. I haven't seen either one so I can't be sure at all. In fact, that was a horrible example for me to comment on. "Write what you know," they say. Oopps. Anyway, change can be good.

So the effects were really cool. It was definitely character/story driven as the effects were limited. The effects did enhance the story. I only hope that George L. watches it and goes "Oh, yeah....Enhance the story, not become the movie." I really, really doubt it though. So good points of the effects was the use of thrusters on the Vipers. I can really believe that something like that could exist. My suspension of disbelief was achieved. The Cylons we all remember from the original were only present in their new form for a few minutes at the beginning. They were all CG and looked very cool. The new Cylon starfighters were also changed. For the better. Again, CG.

For the story, it wasn't new or anything. Deceit, cowardness, arrogance. Couple of sex scenes which showed character traits. haha not physical traits, ya sick cheeky monkeys! All the scenes had their place.

Part 2 continues tonight. It will be replayed during the week so if you missed it, don't fret. It will be on again. It also sounds like they will be expanding it into a regular series. I hope so. It would be the first original series on Sci-Fi that I would watch regularly. And I call myself a geek? Yes, I just don't like what's on Sci-Fi.

Ok, well, hunger pains are paining me. So, until next time...

No comments: